Never a Dull Moment














Sunday, July 4, 2010

Empty Nesting Over

My teenaged daughter comes home today after a ten-day mission trip. In anticipation of her being gone, I thought about how much reading and relaxing I would be able to get done. I had great intentions of getting into an exercise routine. How much have I read? Maybe 10 pages. How much relaxing have I done? Not much. Did I get into an exercise routine? Nope. What did I do? I have no idea. I've been busy the whole time she's been gone, but when I think back over the last nine days I couldn't tell you what I've been doing.

As I sit here this morning surfing the internet, it makes me wonder how much of my time I spend mindlessly looking at Facebook, checking email, looking at author blogs....the list goes on. Could I have spent the last nine days surfing the internet in my spare time? Surely not. I went to work. I've gone to puppy training class a couple times. I went to book club. I went to an author reading and signing. I went shopping with my daughter a couple times. I had dinner with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson one night. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment